Thursday, February 21, 2008

YOG? Hmmm....

So, Singapore has won the bid for the Youth Olympic Games for 2010. This was apparently announced at 7pm today, Singapore local time.

Hmm, somehow, I can't shake the feeling that the powers that be (in Singapore, there is only one power - the electric power) knew the results a few days ago at least. Why? Look at the staged ... uh ... I mean the stage at padang (yeah that's what I mean). Honestly, all the students that were specially gathered to await the release of the results. Could the powers that be actually have gone through the trouble with the 50% (?) chance that we would have to deal with hundreds (thousands?) of sad and depressed kids on national TV? And the performances would still proceed to entertain the crowds? And that the buses would know when to come pick the students up?

I apologise for the cynic in me... Have not managed to exorcise him/her/it yet...

No comments: